"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP (work in progess) Wednesday

It's been a challenging week so far in my knitting world.  I mentioned I started a sweater over the week and the pattern looked simple to me.  It is simple if you can count and pay attention to what you are doing.  The pattern is worked over seven stitches and four rows.  My challenge on Monday evening was making sure I still have enough stitches at the end to complete the pattern.  I found myself miscounting row after row.  So I had to either add a few stitches or get rid of one or two.  I was beyond frustrated.  So instead of frogging all that I had done, I took it to knit night last night and just plugged away.  In two hours of knitting quietly surrounded by my fellow knitters I had not one error.  I decided a slight imperfection will not kill the project.  I just hope that once it is blocked it won't look so obvious since the the error is on the front near the buttonholes.  I am usually a perfectionist when it comes to my knitting, but need to start taking a more relaxed approach.

We have also been having some unusually warm weather here in New England this week.  It's making the afternoon runs very very uncomfortable.  I am not one to run with water, but today's run will include two water stops during my out and back.  The weather is supposed to change for the weekend and so our hike will not be so variable.  Got my little sled all ready to have some serious fun up on Tux!

No comments:

Post a Comment