"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday tidbits

The cold temps continue today and my daffs are on the verge of opening up.  Living up in Lakes Region means a slower start to the growing season than I am used to, but with the crazy warm weather we had last week everything started to open.  But it's New England and the extreme changes are what makes life interesting.  They say March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb, but not this year.  It came roaring in with snow and looks like it is going roaring out as well.  Although with the recent spring ahead it already feels very much like spring even though I am sitting by my fire!  It does look like we may be back into the 50s for the weekend.

The winds are not howling as much today as they were yesterday, but we still have dry conditions and yet another red flag warning day.  Got home too late yesterday to go play with a brush fire, but I needed to get in a long run so it all worked out in the end!  And tonight is knit night so I rarely let stuff interfere with that.  Knit night is my favorite evening of the week.  We meet at the Epsom Library for two hours of chatter and knitting.  It's a wonderful group of ladies and I actually get two hours of uninterrupted work.  Too many distractions at home of other things I need to get done!

Hoping for a successful bindoff of the body of my sweater then I will start on the sleeves.  Tried something new with this pattern and I never printed it out.  I saved paper and had it sent as a pdf to my kindle.  Only trouble is that I like to keep referencing my pattern and thus killed my battery pretty quickly.  I will print it eventually so it can go into my binder of projects, but for now this is working.  I just have to remember to toss my kindle into my knitting bag before I head out the door tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment