"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi day!

So town elections are over and done with.  The 70 degree temps are gone, but supposed to return for the weekend.  Today is raw and chilly, a sit by the fire and knit type of night.  Even skipped out on running!  And  I have con ed at Concord Hospital tonight and that will be my excuse for slacking off.  Two free hours of continuing education and the topics are interesting.  Tonight is Firefighter safety and cyanide poisoning.  A serious topic for firefighters because it is a deadly byproduct of structural firefighting.  

Our homes are loaded with crap...plastics, chemicals, paint, and the list goes on.  I sit here at my kitchen table and shudder as I look around the room.   A little knowledge is dangerous!  Not only is there considerable fireload in our homes, but its the hidden dangers of incomplete combustion that will get you.  We surround ourselves with synthetic materials to make our lives simpler and yet when broken down by fire can cause serious harm and even death.  More on my firefighting endeavors in future posts.

As for the Pi reference in my title...I got nothing!  Geometry was probably my least favorite class of high school.  


No comments:

Post a Comment