"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kicking ass and taking names!

Someone say something about kicking ass?

I have had a very very productive day since I left work at 3pm.  I donated a pint of the red stuff to the American Red Cross and then hurried home to let the little dog out.  Then I charged off to the station to have my introduction into running a 5k crash course with last year's race director.  I had been nervous that we were behind the 8 ball and would have to run around to get back on course.  Alas I was wrong!  We are right on schedule and pending approval of the selectboard we are all systems go.  I had been very disappointed to learn Old Home Day was cancelled because having  race right down the road was a lot of fun to participate in.  Well I won't be participating this time, but the show will go on.

Since the cold weather has been making want to go back into hibernation...here is a shot of the waters off of Grand Turk.

Still feeling a lot like winter around here and so I have gotten all the supplies to start my next sweater.  The top down approach worked so well for me on my current project that I am all geared up to start another.  This one will be for John since I messed up his last sweater.  Went for a light gray which happens to be called "squirrel heather."  The name of the yarn makes me giggle!  Sometimes it really is the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment