"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings

We went to see The Hunger Games last night with our dear friend Megan.  She worked on the film and was in the credits.  This is a huge deal and I am very very proud of her!  Thank you for inviting us to see the movie with you.  And you are still a cool aunt even if you do knit.

Back to the running grind today and what the heck happened to summer?  It was in the mid 30s at our house when I got home from work and the winds have been howling all day around here.  So I took to the treadmill...the dreaded dreaded treadmill.  I managed 6 painful miles  in 59 minutes before calling it quits today.  My heart just isn't in the indoor thing this time of year, but I was also providing station coverage so it wasn't too bad.  I take solace in the fact we have our first 5k this coming Saturday and I learned today that the last mile is uphill...bring it!

Finished a pair of baby booties for Sydney yesterday morning that I started when we were on vacation on Grand Turk a few weeks ago.  Also spent a good chunk of the day working on my pretty lacy cardigan.  I did have a moment of anxiety when I realized I made the sweater with superwash merino wool yarn.  I got worried about blocking it and if it would actually block correctly for me.  Yes, this is the stuff that keeps me up at night!  After a quick internet this am I learned that I should have no problem blocking each time I wash it.  It's just not going to felt on me.  Felting is bad when you do not want it.  I learned this the hard way this fall after my very pretty multicolored cowl went through the washing machine with our towels.  I didn't pay attention to the fiber I had made it with and assumed it was washable.  It came out half the size it went in and very stiff.  It's sitting upstairs while I decide it's fate.  It would make a fab purse for someone who was into that sort of thing.  Someday I will get over the fact that I can't use it as a cowl and turn it into something pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment