"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday thoughts

Springing ahead...to me it means more time to be outside in the afternoon.  It also means changing the batteries in the smoke detectors and CO detectors (my PSA for the day).

I have tried running in the early morning and just cannot do it.  I am a morning person, but not when it comes to exercise.  On weekend I enjoy the quiet of the early morning to do a little knitting and have my cup of tea.  I'll get out the door in a bit, but I savor those minutes.  Those sneakers have seen many miles, but it's too muddy to break out this year's first pair.


I have several races in the near future.  March 31 kicks off my running season.  We start with the first race in the Capital Area Race Series (CARS) over in Gilmanton.  A little tidbit about Gilmanton, it's setting for the controversial novel, Peyton Place.  The author's home is now a small winery.  It's only a 5k, but the location screams hills!  Ok most of where I run screams hills, but oh the views from the top.  Makes me grateful of where we settled.  I have never done a series before so it should be fun.  We will be doing 6 of the 7 races.  May 12 in Canterbury is out because we are doing the Big Lake Half that morning.  More on Big Lake later.

My needles have been busy this weekend...continuing on with some socks.  I am in a destashing mode.  Clearing out the yarn one project at a time.  Should take me most of the year to get through the build up I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment