"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Musings...



I received a Garmin Forerunner 405CX for Christmas.  It has been a wonderful addition to my outdoor running.  I am competitive by nature and now I compete against myself or a virtual partner each time out the door.  I keep track of where I have been and if I need to add some distance I can easily look down and adjust as needed.  Used it recently on vacation to keep track of biking mileage that we completed each day.  It's a little bulkier than I wanted, but I have learned to love it. So today was the first day I used it without a heavy shirt on underneath.  The weather was absolutely perfect with temps in the mid 60s and a slight breeze.  Cannot believe we had snow just two days ago.  Such is late winter in New Hampshire!  Going to have to change out straps because my little wrist is much too small for the watchband.

I also took the little dog on my run today.  Having not run with me in a few weeks, she did wonderfully.  Only a few barks at the scary pitbull who lives down on the Parade.  She is a great running buddy as she keeps me going and doesn't have a whole lot to say.  She would take the tennis ball if I let her, but she has enough distractions as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment