"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Will I cross the finish line this evening?

It's been a few weeks and before that it was a few weeks and I have to say I am sad that I have been out of my Tuesday evening routine.  So tonight I will take my sticks and string and head to Knit Night down in Epsom.  I miss being surrounded by women of all ages as we create with our hands.  The gentle click of metals needles as they slide past each other or the muttered curse of a dropped stitch.  Okay, really that's just me!  But thankfully there is someone there who can solve life's little knitting problems.

I plan on finishing the cuff of John's sweater and weaving in the ends once I have cast off the final stitch.  It feels like a week ago that I started on it, but in reality it's been almost two months in the making.  Then I will be onto my next project for myself...another cute sweater for me to wear this winter.  I do have plans for a summer sweater and one would think this would be the perfect time to start it since it's short sleeve and will be made from linen, but I just don't have the hankering to start that one.  I want the pretty green Merino yarn, not the conch colored linen.

And just maybe I will have a picture of the finished sweater for FO Friday.  That means I am going to have to sew on buttons and we all know how I feel about that.  Not my favorite thing to do.  Or I could just hand them to John and have him do his own....let's see how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment