"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Friday, May 25, 2012

FO Friday

Yay!  The week is finally over.  I managed a half day, but will have to go in over the weekend to do an eval.  Any excuse to get out early on a Friday is good with me.  We managed a quick dump run and now won't have to do that over the weekend.  Bonnie and I are "playing" golf in the morning while John and Scout head out on another hike.  Really with the weather forecast for the upper 80s, I am glad to be hitting the links instead.  If only I had known that today was going to be so lousy I would've waited until this afternoon to roast the chicken I did last night.  I think a sweatshirt may be in order before I head off to Explorers down at the station.

I finished John's sweater earlier in the week and I believe I have convinced John that he should sew the buttons on it for himself.  I have begun construction of a green wrap sweater.  I had so much knitting mojo over the last few months that I think I need a bit of a recovery period.  I can knit about two rows before I feel the need to get up and move onto something else....oh look a chicken!

Also need to give a shout out to my Explorers tonight for a wonderful job with training.  It was a warm and humid night and you guys rocked with SCBA training.  And tomorrow night I will participate in a little tower training.  We will be painting the flagpole.  I got roped into training like this...Deputy Chief to Mandy "Hey you want to do some tower training tomorrow evening around 5pm?"  I say, "Sure I would love that."  Then he says "We have to paint the flagpole."  And that's how it went down.  So if you are out and about in Barnstead tomorrow evening, you can find dinner and a show at Station 2.  Ok just make sure you bring enough dinner for me too!  And pie, I would love some pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment