"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings

our room with a view
I am exhausted!  Plain and simple, the weekend wore me out.  Busy week ahead with something going on just about every night this week and will wind down on Saturday with a benefit golf tournament.  Yup, I will be sharing clubs with Bonnie and we are going to rock it!

So I figured I would add more pictures from our weekend voyage.  We did have a good time even though I may pay for it during the next few days as my one million black fly bites start to heal.  I am that person who gets a bug bite and the swelling/itch lasts for almost two weeks.  It's wonderful having such a good immune system response!  But I did take the dog out this afternoon when I got home from work and I think it may be safe to that our black fly season is over.  Careful...I don't want to say that too loud because they might come back.

Mt. Washington


Scout seems to have recovered from the hike and even played a rousing game of whiffle ball with me when I first got home.  At least the sun was still shining then!  Now the clouds have taken over and it looks like more rain will be upon us.  Yet the outlook for the end of the week and the holiday weekend looks like great weather.  I am just hoping to get a couple of runs in during the chaos that is this week.  We have yet another 5k next Saturday on June 2.  My friend Megan will be joining us for that grand time.

We got out of our sleeping bags and someone decided she wanted to go back to bed!
Then it will be onto training for a sprint tri with Colleen during the first week of July.  Hopefully the pond water will warm up with the nicer weather that we have been having.  It's a small pond and it tends to warm up pretty fast, but I would love to get some serious swimming.  Got the bike already and I just need to force myself out onto that too.  But I am going to take the next two days to let my sore body re-charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment