"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Springtime

My Smokey Bear tulips
So spring decided to be sprung here in Barnstead.  I left for my conference and most of my daffs weren't even open. The little tulips to the left were only purchased because of their name.  Yup, the fire service even invades my gardens!   I came home to my tulips up and my lilies well on their way.  My lilies are all transplants from the lovely Carol Troy and from Malcolm.  Carol dropped hers off in some fly by night operation only to have to come back when she thought she lost her pager in the piles of dirt she left in my yard.  The trees have really started to leaf out and we even saw flowers on our wild blueberry bushes tonight.  I have been wondering what happened to my really big red tulips whose heads were laying on the lawn next to the stems, but I think a small little white dog and the husband had something to do with that.  There has been a lot of whiffle ball being played at my house.  It's our version of "Calvin Ball" and Scout happens to be our catcher and outfielder all at the same time.  She seems to enjoy her multiple roles.


Got in another run this evening.  That's two days in a row and felt much better tonight than yesterday.  Also got our new table and four of our chairs.  Still waiting on the sideboard and the farmer's bench.  In the whole time that we have been married we have been using a table from my dear friend Mindy.  I can remember sitting at this table in late high school and early college in her parents' kitchen when they still lived in Hampton.  Some great times have been had at this table.  I do most of my blogging and craft work on it as well.  One year someone decided he should be a mummy for Halloween and managed to cover the surface in spray adhesive.  That took some serious scrubbing to get it off.  It's really well built and I am a little sad to see it go, but we need to expand our seating.  Bring on the dinner parties at chez Savage!

Guess I'll be off to get some knitting in.  Still working on the bottom ribbing for the Henley sweater.  Really 2.5 inches seems like something I could get through in a night if life didn't keep getting in the way.  I'd really like to get it done in the next week so I can start my next project.  Cause honestly once the weather warms up this girl really doesn't want to be sitting under a pile of wool!

No comments:

Post a Comment