"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A day off?? What's that?

I am taking a well deserved day off while John and his hiking buddy (the small dog) are off early again.  He is working his way through the Belknaps this weekend, but I just needed a day of doing not too much.  That and the amount of ticks he pulled off the two of them left me not wanting to go play in the woods.  I have a bike ride planned and hopefully I will make it more than 5 miles before I feel the need to turn around and head home.

Had a great day of golf yesterday.  It was a bit too hot for my liking and 18 holes seemed to take forever in the 90 degree heat.  We are back to normal seasonal temps today and I wish all the runners taking part in Boston's Run to Remember a great race.  Our next race is on June 2 up in Concord and I will be running with Megan and John.  That is one is part of the Capital Area Race series.  Then I believe we may have two weeks off until the Bow Lake 5k.  I really wanted to do the 15k, but we have beach cleanup early that morning and thought better of the extra miles.

my golf team
Colleen and I have one week until we make the decision to do our sprint tri.  I definitely think it is doable at this point.  I just haven't been in the water yet this year.  The pond may still be a little cold for that.  But I did dig out my bathing suit this morning and I just need to get the nerve up to hit the water.


The bike ride turned out beautifully this morning.  There was a nice chill in the air and I did 14 miles around Barnstead before returning home.  My next plan is to go sit outside and enjoy this wonderful weather because from what I hear it's all over after today!  I am okay with a lousy holiday forecast since I will be stuck at work for the day.  So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment