"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Racing through the week

Had my second race meeting tonight and we are well on our way to putting on a great 5k on August 25th.  I will be getting the sponsor letters out later this week and we are working on getting race posted on Cool Running.  This is my favorite website to check out potential races and register.  If I can't register online then chances are I won't run the race.  In all the years I have been running I have only done three races that I hadn't registered for online.  That being said, I want to make our 5k super simple to register and be a part of.

Due to my race meeting, I was not able to get to knit night this evening.  Unfortunately I have too many distractions at home so I can never get in two hours of uninterrupted time with my sticks and string.  Tonight it was stopping to check out Ravelry and then to work on my blog instead of knitting.  My right wrist has been a little sore from the crazy hours I spent on Sunday resting my legs and doing some serious work on my current project.  I have one sleeve almost completed and only one to go.  I already have my next two projects lined up and am waiting patiently for Knitpicks order to arrive.  I will be putting together short sleeved Henley for myself and then a wrap cardigan to wear this fall.  Finally sweaters that I can customize to my short stature.  

Well I guess it's back to the knitting grind cause my bed will be calling my name before long.  Hopefully the low battery light on the Kindle will stay off until just before it's time for lights out.  And the countdown is on for the Big Lake.  Looking forward to my post races dinner that I made a special request for with Mandy and Hunter. So excited for the savory crepes!

No comments:

Post a Comment