"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Musing...the curse of the bad running pics is no more!

I felt quite back to normal the day after my half with only a minor ache coming from my back.  The husband and I headed off early on Sunday morning to the NH Sheep and Wool Festival.  I know you can barely contain your envy, but I got some great sock yarn and we sat in on a working dog demo (my dog needs more chores).  Great morning with pretty new yarn to add to my stash upstairs.

The afternoon was spent building two new plant beds out by the shed.  We planted 6 strawberry plants, some rosemary, and some other type of perennial in those beds.  Then I added five more strawberry plants to pots and also planted a well established container tomato plant.  John got the backyard spread with loam and did some grass seeding.  That was our day of rest and relaxation in a nutshell.   And then we had a lovely dinner with Mom for Mother's Day.  Of course, we had to eat at our new table.  We would've eaten on the deck had the black flies not been so ravenous.

Our three day stretch of nice weather is over and it's back to the standard issue Monday gloom.  I am just about ready to run again, but I need to let my new chafed areas heal up before I do.  Today's shout out has to go to my dear friend, Josh Gibney, who actually took some decent running pics of me.  Ok so I was goofing off, but what else is new?!  They were great race day photos and that just doesn't happen for me.  And this shot was taken just before mile 12.  I was looking and feeling pretty good.  So I guess with this pic, there goes the curse of bad running photos.  I don't look like I am in pain or tired.  I did almost fall right after he took the picture because my legs were saying enough, but I managed to hobble on and finish the rest of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment