"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, May 17, 2012

And it's only Thursday.

Got back to the old running grind yesterday.  The IT bands still hurt, but had to keep running due the voracious mosquitoes that chased us home.  The humid weather felt more like July or August and I can say that I am definitely not used to running in warmer weather.  I didn't think we were going to get a run in because we were under a severe storm watch and as I was tying up my shoes I swore I heard thunder.

The storms did hold off until around 9pm last night.  We got to watch a vivid light show as the storms rolled in.  It's one of the times that I can I say I enjoying living on top of a hill.  We sat out on our porch until the rain started and then we made a quick retreat back into the house.  The first storm passed quickly without a lot of close lightning.  The second storm hit around 11pm and that rocked the house a few times.

This morning dawned with cool, clear blue sky.  Even the birds sounded happier than they did the past few mornings.  Mr. Cardinal started serenading us before 5am.  I know because I looked over at the clock.  Fortunately I had the day off and if we don't find another OT soon who knows when I will have my next day off.  Got John's sweater almost done and finished another book this afternoon.  Even managed to put away my new stash of yarn and mow the lawn.

Very thankful for the change of weather...now hopefully it will hold out in the mountains this weekend as I take in my first overnight hike.  From what I gather I could be in for a long day on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment