"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another Saturday...another race (think there is a theme to our weekends)

love my new table!
Welcome to another weekend at chez Savage.  We started off on Friday evening with a wonderful first dinner at our brand new table.  We had homemade carbonara with fresh Italian bread served with Sicilian olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Got the grocery shopping out of the way on Friday afternoon and this allows us to spend more time doing the things we want to do over the weekend.  Saturday morning was another gray overcast start to the day.  Seems to be the theme of the last week around these parts.  We got an early start out the door as we met up with Megan and Karen to run the Peeper 5k down in Barrington.  Another PR this am for me as I came in under 29 minutes at around 28:35 or so.  It was a nice out and back through a quiet neighborhood and even the black flies seemed to be enjoying the quiet morning as they pretty much left us alone as we ran along.

The ladies pre-race
I am finally feeling better after being sick and dealing with the heavy pollen load the past two weeks.  My ear infection cleared up without the use of antibiotics.  But the heavy doses of antihistamines and Sudafed have left me in a haze and it takes me until mid morning before the haze lifts.  Now if the clouds would just lift and bring some sunshine back to the Lakes region that would make for a very happy Mandy.



Carbonara-recipe upon request!
Got one week until the Big Lake so my final long run will be early tomorrow morning.  I'd love to get 10 miles in first thing.  Then I can enjoy a few short trots during the week.  Steve-O will be arriving Friday afternoon for our traditional pasta dinner and pre-race fun.  Now I just need to decide what I am going to wear!  I swear the Big Lake starts earlier each year and hopefully we will have decent weather.  Please no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment