"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Friday, April 20, 2012

What (not) to wear

Now I am not one to use my girl card very often.  John tells me that someone who runs voluntarily into a burning building and can use a chainsaw doesn't get use of her "girl card" EVER.  I should've thrown that away when I joined the fire service, but at times I still need it and this afternoon well it was out!  Oh the decisions I had to make when trying to decide what to run in this evening.  I started with my BFR running shirt and black EMS shorts and that wasn't cutting it for me, so then I tried my navy blue tank and black shorts.  Nope that didn't work either.  Next I dragged out the running dress and contemplated putting that on.  Okay didn't do it for me.  So then I got out my North Face running skirt and back on went the BFR shirt.  That shirt soon got stripped off and exchanged for the tank which I then paired with the running skirt.  Holy smokes!  Man was I rocking it!

And I even made it out the door in time for the race.  I do not recommend the North Face running skirt for anything longer than a 5k or even for warmer weather.  It's got a nice lightweight feel, but the shorts underneath do some not so nice rubbing.  That is where the infamous chub rub (aka Body Glide) came into play tonight.  That stuff saved the day so I could look oh so trendy out there.
Props go out to the folks at NHTI for putting on a slick Friday evening 5k.  It was a nice run through the campus with some off road trails in the middle.  Tonight I finished at 29:17 (it was a wee bit warm) and 20th overall in my division.  I finished dead smack in the middle of the pack at 250 with 500 runners total.  

Oh just heard the horn in Pittsfield...time for the hoodlums to get in for the night.  And with that I am off to do some knitting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment