"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Musings: The kindle edition

Finally got my yarn to begin my next project and my block squares so I can block last week's finished object.  I cannot wait to wear it!  Didn't do a whole lot of knitting over the weekend.  I was pretty spent after my run yesterday afternoon and spent the evening hanging by the fire reading an Anne Rice novel.  If books were a drug, I would be heading to book rehab.  I love getting lost in another world and almost  hate when a book is done because it's back to reality.

I bought myself a Kindle last year before we left for Italy.  Nothing fancy just the wifi edition that I can download books at home on.  Best thing I ever purchased!  I have no use for the fancy models like the Kindle Fire.  Hell, I have one smart phone, why do I want something else that will do just about the same thing?  I want to do one thing with it and one thing only...read.  It's got the e-ink and since I spend much of the warm days outside there is no glare to contend with.  It's also much less cumbersome that carrying 4 or 5 books with me on a trip.  I just slip it into it's little carrying case I bought and off it goes into my every day bag.

And recently I found that my library does offer downloadable books.  I just wish I didn't have to wait for most of what I want to read, but it's free and I can be patient.  I don't even have to go to the library to do it, but log onto New Hampshire Downloadable and from there I use the secret squirrel code provided by my library and start my search for the next great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment