"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Musings

Ok I will admit it...I am in a serious training rut that is bordering on full burnout.  And you know what my excuse has been for about the last week.  The wind.  I hate running in the wind.  I hate the way it feels around my face or trying to run into it and just being pushed back.  Not fun!

And it just hasn't been breezy...no I can handle the gentle breeze off the river.  This is all out serious gusts that shake our house.  So here I sit almost four weeks before my half and I am ready to throw in the towel.  I always start off great when I register for the Big Lake.  I get into training mode and put lots of miles in early on. But by mid April, I have had it and this is either the fifth or sixth time I have done this particular race.  I think this mentality goes back to the fact that I am only in love with idea of running and not the actual task.  I have been trying to do some cross training, but I am also feeling burnt out by that.

This feeling will pass as it always does.  Really it's mind over matter at this point.  No sense in complaining because with each passing day the race gets closer.  And the countdown is on....

No comments:

Post a Comment