"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Musings

I sit here on yet another abnormally warm evening wondering what possessed me to start a sweater at this time of year.  It's actually going quite well and coming along nicely, but it sure does get warm sitting upon my lap as I add row upon row.  This is the second sweater I have done from the top down and it seems to be my new favorite approach to sweater making.  My bottom up sweaters have either been way too long or way too short.  At lest from the top down I can get a more accurate look at how it will look before it's done.  I am two weeks into it and more than halfway along.  I am now at the easy mindless portion so I can sit back watch some playoff hockey and keep my fingers busy.  Always planning ahead, I am going to knit myself a top down hoodie next.

Busy week ahead for the Savages including a trip to the selectmen's meeting tomorrow night so we can start to move forward with the Barnstead Firefighters Association 5k.  And we will round out the week with a Friday evening 5k up in Concord as part of CARS.  It's a mere 26 days until the Big Lake Half and I am really looking forward to my sushi dinner apres run!

Our little run this evening was hot, but we were going to head up to Belmont to Jordan's Ice Cream after our showers.  I decided to check on their hours to make sure they would still be open when we got up there and it's a good thing I did because they happened to be closed today.  Bummer!  Guess there will always be tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment