"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I was given permission to use the roads for the 5k so the Barnstead Firefighters Association 5k is offcially off the ground and we are ready to run with it.  Pardon the play on words!  Mark August 25th on your calendars for this inaugural race!  There will be t shirts for the first 150 people registered and it will start at 9am.  The race is an out and back along the scenic Barnstead Parade.  It is a flat and fast course so if you are seeking a PR then this is the race to do it.

Also got out on the bike today because in the back of my mind I did say I would do a sprint triathlon this summer.  And last check of the calendar, the tri is just under three months away.  I put almost 12 miles in this afternoon on dirt and paved roads.  And yes, the hills of town kicked my butt again.   Thanks to our vacation a month ago, the bike seat wasn't all that painful and I can actually sit on my duff this evening.  I can't swim yet because the water is still on the chilly side.  But if I can get some swims in early June and throughout the month I should be ok.

I look forward to the challenges the months ahead have to offer as I put together my first road race and train for a tri.  Looks to be a fun filled summer with new and old friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment