"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Eastover

Good morning all!  Up early on yet another race day.  Today we are heading up to the state capital for the SEA 5k on Hazen Drive.  It seems a bit sunnier than the weather we had for our race in Gilmanton last weekend and maybe just a tad warmer.  I might not have to wear the giant mittens from my fire gear today.  And I did manage a 9.23 pace for today and finished by my Garmin at 28:54, they do not go by individual start time, but overall run time.  I was in the middle of the pack so it took me a few seconds to get to the start line after the gun went off.


It's the start of a busy weekend at Chez Savage.  The Easter eggs are all weighed down with candy and ready to be hidden in the yard and the four little Easter baskets are filled with goodies.  Like any good aunt and uncle, we will sugar the kids up good before sending them on their way.

Tomorrow morning I hope to get in an 8 mile run in the am before we cook Easter dinner.  I feel like it has taken me all week to recover from my long run last weekend.  I did manage a couple of short runs this week and some yard work.  But the yard work was short lived due the high winds we had all week.  Every little pile I managed to rake up would be quickly swept away before I got it to the woods.  Speaking of high winds...be careful out there because the high fire danger continues.

And I hope to get some knitting time in the weekend.  John's new sweater is coming along nicely...have the shoulders just about completed and I will be separating the sleeves very soon.  I am not what you call a fast knitter because I am feel that I have to be careful.  But today I will also be putting the finishing touches on last week's project.  I love how my little lace sweater came out and am looking forward to adding the pretty little pewter buttons to it.  Thanks to the free pattern on Ravelry and also to YouTube for the buttonhole tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment