"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to winter??

So John and I brought our running stroller home from my parents' house over the weekend.  It was our goal to rig it up so our little guy can ride safely while we get back to running together.  I took the car seat bundle me that we never used in the car seat and put it in the stroller.  Since our stroller also reclines, I set it back as far as it can go and with the bundle me in place Grayson is secure without a lot of movement.  The bouncing around he does do is less than when we carry him in the Ergo or when he is being bounced to sleep.

We took it for it's maiden voyage on Sunday morning and it did well on our muddy roads.  Monday dawned overcast, but relatively warm for a change.  I knew from weather reports that conditions were going to rapidly deteriorate in the afternoon as a secondary cold front passed through so I got my baby ready and off we went.  I didn't run with him, but walked at a good pace.  I am happy to report that all went off without incident and we made it back to the house after a good hour of exercise.  Even the dog appeared to mildly enjoy herself even though she was tied to the stroller and had to learn real fast that she cannot walk in front of the wheel.  It will run you over if you slow

Now here I am on Tuesday morning and it's like winter is back.  Brrr was it cold taking the trash out and the wind has been steadily howling since about ten last night.  I decided yesterday that today would be a stay in and clean the house day.  Tonight I am going to take the little boy to meet my knitting ladies whom I have not seen since December.

Hopefully the weather will warm again as we get later in the week and we can get some more adventures out with the stroller.  I only have a few weeks before I go back to work and getting out to enjoy the early spring is high on my list for this time with my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment