"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bring it on

Just registered for my first road race of the year and first since Grayson came to join us.  I haven't gotten in as much running as I would like.  I am still figuring out the logistics of dealing with a baby and getting onto a schedule that works for us.  But I am up to over 2 miles again at a relatively fast pace.

We had our training burn on Saturday and it felt great to be back in my gear.  Grayson had his first overnight with his grandparents.  It was my first night of 7 hours consecutive hours of sleep since I think May of last year.  My concerns of how comfortable would my air pack be, how would pumping in the back of the ambulance, and could I physically handle the day were my usual worrying for no reason.  My SCBA was not an issue other than I couldn't get my waist belt tight enough and so the weight of the pack rested on my shoulders all day.  I had no issues spending some time in the ambulance to take of care of business and I even had cold storage for the milk so I didn't have to stash it in a snowbank.  And physically it felt no different other than I know I am still not in the shape I was in a year ago.  That is just a matter of time and
 conditioning.  Once the basement is finally complete and the TV is up I can get back to my video workouts that I started a few years ago as a good cross training.  Then I don't have to worry about getting the little one packaged up to go workout.
The last few days I have also made good progress on my sweater and I am happy to report that the body is almost complete.  I just hope I have enough yarn to complete the arms and the neckband.  I have four skeins left and well....we'll see.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment