"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How many miles per week?

And I never managed to get out on my sled.  That is because the damn thing won't start and so there is sits on the trailer mocking me.  Thankfully I have snowshoes!  The plan was to get Grayson out this weekend and enjoy this fine New Hampshire winter.  And it turned out to be a beautiful morning in the woods.

On a happier note I managed to finish my second full knitted project of 2013.  I used up a skein of sock yarn and made myself a fancy lace scarf that was surprisingly simple.  It was a two row repeat that was a great to do.  Just enough to remember to keep it fresh throughout the project.  I just don't recommend a glass of wine while trying to knit.  Two glasses and two mistakes later....I am done and hopefully only I can see the errors.

The third project off this year is a wrap sweater in a lovely green washable wool.  The key is the washable part...with a new baby who spits up in a projectile fashion often...well I need to be able to get it clean.  I actually started it a year ago, but had to frog it and start over again.

So I finally got clearance to start living again.  My doctor said I can do everything except shovel.  Ok I am good with that.  I can't wait to lace up my sneakers and get moving!

And John just informed that if I want to hit 1000 miles this year..I have to average 30 mies per week for the rest of 2013.  Guess I should get on that or lower my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment