"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feeling inspired

I was talking to Megan the other day and was trying to come up with a running comeback race.  She would like to do a 10 k in the fall and I would love to do this with her, but I am ready to be back soon.  Ok so I haven't actually started running because I am still healing.  But I am feeling inspired after a visit to the Cool Running website.  It it still early in the year, but race calendar is filling up.

I had originally thought I would be back with the Big Lake Half, but the race is under new management and they have jacked the price up to 65 bucks.  I cannot justify the money for a race I have done for last six or seven years. It's not like the course is going to offer any surprises or anything new for me.  But it really is a matter of convenience.  It's only 20 minutes away and thanks to Jay parking at the race end is never a problem.  And then there is my buddy Steve who always runs the race with me...its like a weekend tradition.  So basically it's a protest of the increased race fees, but I feel like I am talking myself into it.  Right now I am also contemplating the Bow Lake 15k...also right down the road, beautiful scenery, and I know the race fee won't break my cheap bank.  It's going to be just as hilly as the Big Lake if not more so.

And I am going to pass up on the CARS this year.  It did offer me a pre-planned running schedule and I know I could do most of the races with a stroller.  Maybe it was being pregnant midway through, but I felt like I was stuck in that race schedule.  I did finish even though the last race had to be on the most humid day of the summer and was one of the tougher courses in the series.  I don't think there is a flat spot to be had in the town of Canterbury.

So my goals for the next few weeks are to start getting back on the treadmill.  I have my fancy new sneakers ready, I have located my shorts, and my favorite sports bras (yes, they fit).  Now it's just a matter of getting the green light from my doctor.  In the meantime I will keep walking.  The breastfeeding diet is working well for me and my clothes are starting to fit again.  I really just want to be in my favorite pair of Levi's...

No comments:

Post a Comment