"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, February 18, 2013

Project # 2 of the year

I finished my first knitted project of 2013....made myself a pair of socks after modifying my old standby pattern.  Instead of a plain knitted foot, I kept my ribbed pattern for the top of the foot.  My hope is to have a more secure sock that won't slide.  I am quite particular about how my socks have to fit and I do love my handmade socks, but there is always room for improvement.

Onto my second project of stash busting.  I bought some lovely sock yarn at last year's sheep and wool festival here in New Hampshire and I had decided long ago that it was too pretty to be wearing on my feet.  The color reminds me of the warm waters of the Caribbean with a hint of silver woven in.  I am making a lace scarf and its turning out quite lovely.  And it does not even require blocking when it's done!

Added another two plus miles to my 1000 mile journey on Friday.  We had a brief warm up this past week and then woke up to a fresh blanket of white this morning.  We need just a few more inches because John promised me a ride on my sled next week.  Anyone want to watch Grayson for a few hours?

But today we are spending the day inside by the fire.  The winds have been howling here for the last 24 hours.  John has been off at a structure fire in Strafford.  For once, I am thankful that I am out of action.  Too darn cold to be out playing!
995 to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment