"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Revising resolutions

I made some lofty New Years resolutions back on January 1, but lets flash forward to January 24.  Grayson was born via c section and thus went my 1000 miles for 2013 out the window.  At least I think my goal seems to lofty as I continue to recover.  The pain is gone, I can almost lie on my stomach to interact with him during tummy time on the floor.  The swelling is finally gone...who knew my ankles to get so big.  And I have managed one walk around our neighborhood!  It was slow,  ask John.  I definitely have a way to go, but figure I can start out on the treadmill in the weeks ahead.  That way I can start tracking my miles.

I have managed to start working through my yarn stash in between feedings and diaper changes.  Thankfully he sleeps well so I can usually get some knitting done at some point during my day.  And he doesn't require constant holding until usually evening and then it seems to be fussing for the sake of fussing.

And I have found that I have to be doing something during nursing or pumping and started to download audio books. I sure hope the movie Argo is better than the book because I am having a hard time focusing on all the history behind the rescue.  The who is who of Iran almost needs a diagram so I can keep everyone straight and their role in the hostage crisis.

So that seems to be the long and short of it in my little world.  On a brighter note, I get to finally drive again tomorrow....yay two weeks was long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment