"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Off to a slow, but good start

I managed 9.89 miles in my first week of really tracking.  I started using Map my run to log my miles after I realized I needed a good way of keeping myself in check.  Ok so more than half of those miles were walking miles, but it's all good.  I think my first run since the baby was a bit more than I should have done and was quite sore for a few days after.  Should've stuck with a solid 2, but did my loop instead.  I did run more than half of it though.

The weather has finally started to warm up, but that means mud and lots of it.  I have brand new sneakers that I should be running in, but one trip down the road would make my pearly white sneakers a dingy dark brown.  Ahh the joys of living in the woods.  The weather forecast for the week to come is warmer temps and rain.  And we have lots of snow that needs to melt....and I do mean a lot.  Guess what?  More mud!  Our driveway yesterday was the consistency of pudding and the high was only 51!

Mt. Washington is off in the distance
On tap this coming week is town elections on Tuesday.  That means next Saturday will be spent at town meeting.  The wonderful joys of small town living at its finest.  Hopefully Master Savage will behave himself for it.  Guess I should pick up the town report while Grayson and I are off to vote so I can be familiar with the warrant articles.  And really it's only the selectman race that is of interest to me....I know who will be getting my vote!

And lastly Grayson visited his first fire tower today when we decided on a late afternoon hike to the top of Blue Job.  It is hands down one of my favorite hikes in NH.  The initial summit isn't the highlight, but once you head over to the backside....ahh it's wonderful!  It was wonderful taking our new addition on yet another adventure.  And Scout was ecstatic to be back in the woods with her people.

No comments:

Post a Comment