"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Back to the mundane

The excitement of Friday is over and it's back to the way life is supposed to be in New England.  Yesterday was a hurry up and wait sort of news day.  You couldn't escape the media coverage of the hunt for the second terror suspect since it was on from well before sun up to after sundown.  And thankfully just after the sunset it came to an end.
Scout figures she can assist in pressing the clothes...

We had a taste of warmer weather, but it was eerily overcast.  The weather seemed to reflect the gloomy mood we hearty New Englanders had been feeling all week.  I have been slacking in the past week with my runs.  No excuses, just slacking.  I return to work next week after a 12 week maternity leave and it will be time to alter my routine once more.  I will be packing lunches and a diaper bag in the evening so the three of us can get out the door in a timely fashion come morning.  Cleaning will be done in spurts around exercising and cooking dinners.  Hopefully I can keep up with the laundry because that little person who now shares our home wears a lot of clothes!  And who knows when I will be able to squeeze in a few minutes of knitting.

I spent the morning cleaning out bathroom cupboards and drawers.  I felt like I was dealing with a hoarder...and I was, but it just happens the hoarder and me are one and the same.  I just acquire too much stuff and am not really good about purging.  If it is out of my sight then it is out of my list of top priorities.  I also put the pack and play away because Grayson hasn't slept in it in over a month.  And now it is safe to brag that he is also sleeping through the night.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a few minutes to knit a round or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment