"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hints of spring

I noticed the other day that my crocuses are up and my daffodils are starting to make their appearance.  All signs that winter is finally coming to a close here in New Hampshire.  We have had some nice wam days and then like the flick of a switch a cold blast will hit us.  Last night the winds howled and rocked our little house up on the hill all night long.  The day dawned cold and bright.  I would know since I got to witness the sun rise as it peaked through trees.  Sleeping in...what is that?  Grayson is an early riser and while he usually manages to fall back asleep in his swing by the fire, I find that I am up for the day.  I manage a cup of tea and some knitting while he gets in another hour.  I know they say sleep when he sleeps, but my body says otherwise.  I, too, am a morning person and a lack of sleep does not seem to change that.

Grayson is now ten weeks old and his night pattern has not changed since the day he was born.  He likes his schedule just like his mom does.  I just hope he is abit closer to sleeping through the night when I finally head back to work in a couple of weeks.  And he is developing quite the little personality.  He loves to talk to us and the smiles are aplenty.

Tomorrow is my first road race of the season.  It better be a little less windy come morning.  If there is one condition I hate running in its wind.  I always feel like I have to work harder and it just makes for a miserable time.  Will give a report on how it goes. It is just a 5k, but one has to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment