"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Friday, April 19, 2013

What a week of events...

I had a post already to publish on Monday about the mundane things going through my mind as I watched the Boston Marathon.  It was a beautiful day here in New England with the sun shining brightly.  I wrote about my need for routines and my last week at home with Grayson.  I usually wait to late afternoon or evening to publish my blog and Monday was no different.  As I was heading up to Concord to take Grayson to the doctors.  He is fine, just has some exzema that we need to get under control before he starts daycare next week.

Then I got an alert from our local news station that two bombs had gone off at the finish line of the marathon.  What??  And I have been glued to the news this week.  And then this morning it is all coming to a head.  One suspect is dead and another is on the run.

My question is how can someone hate so much?  How can you come to another country and decide to rain terror down on its citizens?  This is a free country and if you don't like it then just leave.  There is nothing forcing you to stay here.  I am perplexed and saddened to know there are people who hate my country and can come here to do evil deeds.  If you hate us, stay away!

My heart goes out to all those effected by this heinous crime.  And here is hoping for a safe end for the public safety officers of Boston, Massachusetts and beyond that are working to bring justice to the people of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment