"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday musings

It was back to work for me this am and despite Grayson's cold he seemed more like himself today.  He is back to conversing and smiling!  Much better than the continuously sleeping baby we had all weekend.  He still isn't 100 percent with his snotty nose and runny eyes, but he is definitely on the mend.  He does look quite sad and it's heartbreaking to hear him cough.  I had hoped he wouldn't get sick within the first few weeks of daycare, but that was not to be the case.  At least he wasn't alone in his misery with his dad also being sick.
Grayson fell asleep snuggling his bunny


I looked up my race times and finished my second 5k with a time of 32.05 which was a heck of an improvement over the 34.58 from a month before.  It's amazing what you can do ten pounds lighter.  I managed to lose all of my pregnancy weight in just about 13 weeks.  Pretty good considering I was not allowed to exercise for the first six weeks.  I am thankful I had a winter baby in what happened to be a very snowy and cold one.  Made those six weeks worth staying in.  Not that we completely followed the rules because I had wicked cabin fever.  Winter happens to be my favorite season and even though I couldn't be out on my sled or skis, we did enjoy some nice times outside.

Shaping up to be another busy week and I am already looking forward to the weekend.  We are going to head over to Alton to cheer on a dear friend who is running the Big Lake Half and I know I will feel some pangs of regret that I am not running it as well.  I debated a lot during December, but the c section sealed the deal that it was not to be this year.  I probably could have done it, but my heart wasn't really in it.  That and the two bras could not possibly be comfortable for two plus hours of running.  Maybe next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment