"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, May 12, 2013

big lake

Tomorrow is the Big Lake Half and I am having a serious case of runner's regret this morning.  Back in December I raised a fuss about not running because of the increased price and even then I thought I could still maybe do it.  Then Grayson was a week late and came via c section.  So no exercise of any kind for 6 weeks.  Even if I had been thinking about a half that plan went out the window with the surgery.  And I was ok with it as the snow continued to pile up outside.  Who wanted to train for a half on the treadmill?  Certainly not me...I had a snuggly baby at home to cuddle with instead. 

And once spring did come, I just didn't have the endurance.  I could handle 3 to 4 miles, but no way was I going to attempt more.  I was still ok with my decision to skip the half this year.  Until today that is.  Steve-O is coming up this afternoon and we will have our usual evening of pre race fun.  It will be spaghetti and the Bruins.  And I am making homemade brownies as my consolation prize.  Tomorrow we will get up and going through the usual morning routine.  I am going to pack up the baby and take him to watch his first of many races. 

The weather forecast is even Big Lake appropriate...partial sun and possible rain showers.  Which means it will probably monsoon in the morning.  A sunny day for Big Lake isn't usually in the cards. 
I am now in process of deciding on my next big event, it will either be the Applecrest Half on September 8th or the 9/11 stair climb on the the same date.  The Half might just win out this year because I have built in babysitting.  The race runs through the streets of my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment