"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Still feeling thankful (5 and 6)

Tuesday is here and I am ready to post again...I know twice in one week...seriously I haven't had a lot of down time in my life as of late.  Last week we felt the outer bands of Hurricane Sandy on Monday and even though John was out of town...I was crazy busy and I will be this week as well.  I am trying to tie up loose ends before Baby Savage gets here.  At the top of my list, I need to get my EMT refresher put to bed.  Once those hours are in, I can worry about the rest of it after he arrives, but at least my recert will be complete.

5.  I am very thankful that our family and friends in NY and NJ all came out relatively unscathed from the storm last week.  Our plan is to head down there in two weeks to Asbury Park as we do each year for the annual holiday soiree at the store.  For me this year means sitting around knitting and not supplying free labor.  My cankles really aren't up to hours standing around decorating Christmas trees.  But it is always a great time and a great way to ease into the upcoming holiday season.

6.  I am thankful that the election is finally here and I can finally stop listening to all the negativity put forth by those running for public office.  There needs to be some serious reform when it comes to political ads and I personally think they should only be able to talk about themselves and their platform instead of bashing who they are running against.  And I even got a snazzy parking cone out of the deal...one more thing I probably won't live down for a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment