"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Onto November 7th and 8th

Yay the election is over and with it go all the nasty political ads and rhetoric.  Voting day went off without a hitch here and the press is already discussing who will run in the midterm elections.  Seriously can't we have a month or two off???  Now onto my thankful stuff....

7.  I am thankful for my two jobs and that I enjoy going to work at each of them.  I work with wonderful people at both of them and I am happy to be a part of each work family.  I have been in my current skilled nursing facility for the last 6 1/2 years.  It's the longest I have ever worked at one place.  Guess that says something, either that or I am too lazy to get my resume updated!  Just kidding, I really do like going to work every day.   My other job at the fire department is an outlet for the other job.  It is so different and unpredictable from what I do during my "day" job.  I love my fire family and even though we can be as dysfunctional as a real family, I mean who else wholeheartedly has your back in dangerous situations and then slams you the second you get back to the station??  Just like real family!

8.  Feeling very crafty these days, I am thankful for my love of sticks and string.  I love creating wearable art.  And I know John loves my craft because he wears his socks almost every day during colder weather.  Gives me a reason to keep on knitting when I see his little toes being warmed by my creations.  I love sitting down for a few hours each evening to knit away while I watch TV.  And I love when a project finally comes together after months of working on it.  Lately I have taken to small projects that only require a few days to finish them.  I have a sweater on some needles, but can't even remember where I left off so I will probably frog it and start over again after the baby gets here.  Can't wear it now anyways since it's a wrap sweater.  But it could look nice next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment