"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I am thankful for....(the first four days)

There are quite a few people I know who are taking time each day to list the things that they are thankful for during this month of November.  I plan on doing mine in chunks because lately I am a spaceshot and I would forget to do this each day.

1.  I am thankful for my husband who has been spending each weekend getting our little home ready for Baby Savage.  Each Sunday when he could be off hiking, he and my father tackle another step in finishing our basement.  We are up to the electrical work so it's coming along.  And I can tell you exactly where the bathrooms are located at each home improvement store in our area!

2.  I am definitely thankful for my parents.  Dad has been here every weekend since his retirement helping the basement along and Mom has made sure I have warm outer clothes to wear as I keep getting bigger and bigger.  I am going to be looking like the red version of the Michelin man in my "new" winter coat.  Now I won't freeze on our way into the hockey games in the upcoming months.  I did look longingly at my pretty red peacoat, but there is no way I am squeezing into that anytime soon.

3.  I am very thankful that I have had an uneventful and uncomplicated pregnancy so far.  Baby Savage is doing somersaults as I write this.  He is growing fast and my glucose test was negative.  Guess that means I don't have give up my nightly dose of ice cream.  I did have my first braxton hicks contractions the other night on our way home from the car accident in Pittsfield.  He either liked riding in the ambulance or that was just a little more excitement than he is used to.

4.  I am thankful for my snug little home as the temperatures start their downward trek.  Glad for our new construction and super efficient home.  Even though we haven't turned on the heat yet, we have been running our gas fireplace from time to time to keep the chill out.

Well that takes care of the first four days of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment