"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy...

I have been rather quiet as of late.  Only have done one 5k in the last month and having been working my way through a pair of socks for my OT student.  It's been rather busy and chaotic in our lives as well.  We had an impromptu trip to CT to say farewell to John's grandmother and we got to see a lot of family for too short of a time.  I have been hard at work on my 5k that is starting to come together as our sponsors have started to send us check.  We've been busy lavishing attention on our little dog in the form of almost daily swims.  We started softball with the same team we played with last season.  A lot of new faces, but also really great to have the old ones too.

The Fourth of July has come and gone.  I enjoyed a night out with the BFR crew at the fireworks.  John traded in his car for a new one.  Oh the joys of lots of miles traveling between home and work.  John went for a long walk in the woods and I snuck down to Portsmouth to see Jen and Josh.   We have had some wonderful evenings at home by our campfire enjoying our backyard in those rare moments of downtime.

I always feel busier in the summer with the longer hours of daylight that keep me from wanting to stay home and hibernate.  And in the weeks to come, the days will get shorter and then we will be back to the bright colors of fall.  But in the meantime it's time to go to softball and enjoy a beautiful evening out in the lakes region.

No comments:

Post a Comment