"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

My WIP Wednesday is not of the fiber kind.  I have been experimenting this summer with the herbs I grow around our yard.  I am a lover of tea and herbal tea so last Christmas John bought me a tea brewer that looks similar to a French press.  Over the winter, I would brew loose teas in the evening to sit by the fire with.  I longed for the warm summer days when my herbs would bloom in my little garden.  
lemon balm/mint tisane
Last October we visited one of our favorite restaurants on the Eastern Seaboard.  Primo is located in Rockland Maine and offers a unique locally sourced menu.  After dinner, I like to order tea to go with my dessert and our waitress offered tisane instead.  Tisane is simply a herb brewed concoction that is done in a French press.  She topped it off with a warm jar of Maine honey.  I was hooked and could not wait until this summer to try my own hand at this.

I started with a plain lemon balm tisane and tonight I have moved to a lemon balm/mint tisane.  I will add a teaspoon of local honey and then sip away while working on my knitting.  I now look forward to my cooler summer evenings and my cuppa homebrewed yumminess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment