"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Musings

Monday morning always seems to come so early.  John's alarm goes off at 530am (he's adjusted his schedule to take a class on Wednesdays) and well I have been listening to the birds since the wee hours of daylight.  I almost look forward to the hot days of July when my air conditioner can drown out those "fowl" critters!  I haven't exactly been waking up on the right side of the bed as of late and this morning was no exception.

I stumbled downstairs to let Scout outside and make my lunch.  I popped a bagel in the toaster as I got my fruit and yogurt out of the fridge.  I managed to catch a few minutes of the local news while scarfing my breakfast.  Then I trudge back upstairs to get washed up and dressed.  I didn't turn the lights on in the closet while I pulled out my scrubs and my underwear.  I know where everything is kept and don't need the aid of a light to help me pick out my clothes.

Well on any other day that would've been fine.  It was about 10am this morning that I strolled off to the bathroom at work.  Much to my chagrin, I was wearing crotchless panties courtesy of the small dog.  Awesome, excellent I thought as I examined the gaping hole in my underwear.  So moral of the story, take the extra second to turn the light on and inspect your clothes before you put them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment