"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, June 10, 2012

How do you spell perfect?

It's the end of a beautiful weekend here in the Lakes Region.  I got to spend a lot of time sitting out in my yard enjoying the wonderful weather.  After a round of rain and thunderstorms that last all of last week, Saturday dawned bright and blue.  I took in Market Square Day with Megan and Max as we cheered on Karen during her first 10k.  I am just thankful I didn't sign up to run as well.  Saturday afternoon had me taking in another wonderful New England tradition of a good old fashioned pig roast.  It was tasty to say the least!

I managed to drag myself out of my peaceful reverie on Sunday morning to take Scout on a four mile run.  It was only one of two runs I got in last week due to weather and a very busy week at work.  Scout enjoyed getting out with me, but halfway through the run I wish we had gotten up just a big earlier.  The sun is quite warm this time of year and it heats the earth up pretty fast.

Our afternoon was spent out in our yard reading our books in our lawn chairs.  We had to keep moving our chairs to keep out of the sun's rays.  No sunburn for us thank you very much.  We still haven't put our air conditioners in the windows, but me thinks that day is coming soon as the weather starts to get warmer.  After all the summer solstice is only a few days away.  I also did a bit of wading in the pond and the water is just about warm enough to swim in.  The dog has managed two swims already this week.  She sure does love the water.

It's also bike week here in New Hampshire.  So be careful out on the roads this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment