"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spring in NH

It's been awhile since I have done a blog post. Life is busy happening and there are a many good things happening in the world of chez Savage. I had the pleasure of completing my 10th or 11th half marathon back at the beginning of May and the miles have been continuing to pile up. I am to the point that 8 miles doesn't feel like anything to me. I no longer feel the need to nap for hours when I get back. I can come home, have some food, take a shower, and be ready to chase the crazy kid around for the rest of the day. And I have been enjoying my early morning runs around town listening to audiobooks. Thank you to my old high school friend who suggested it because conversations with myself just weren't doing it for me.

The Barnstead Firefighters Association has started a scholarship in memory of Jake and it's just taken on a life of its own. We have sold over 200 shirts as of tonight and we are still taking orders until next week. John and I will be making a delivery to the north country in a few weeks when we go to complete a half marathon as a relay. I look forward to meeting my competitor in shirt sales. I have learned how small the fire service is and it makes me so proud to be a part of it.

Next weekend I have my first 15k. It's actually 10 miles and a trip around Bow Lake. At least it's close to home. Then the week after we head to Colebrook for a weekend of family camping, running, and hiking.

So spring which seemed to begin last week is rapidly heading towards warmer days and time at our beach. The days are getting longer and softball starts in a few weeks. There are good things ahead...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment