"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New year, new goals!

So I sat here last year on this very day and set a ridiculous running goal for myself. I don't remember how many I said I was going to run. It was something like 500 or some crazy number. I did not know then that I would be laid up for 8 weeks after the baby was born or that he was going to grace us with his presence a week late. Needless to say I did not reach my groove until late summer. Then I did manage several months of 45 plus miles.

Bring on 2014. I can now run sub 8 minute miles and I have dropped all of my pregnancy weight plus another 15 or pounds. I am back at my high school weight and feel awesome. I still have that annoying post baby hernia, but it doesn't cause me any pain so I will ignore it for now.

Well what are my goals...I am going to run the big lake in May and I would like to do it under 2 hours. I want to run a sub 25 minute 5k and I can't find one for this weekend! If anyone has one coming up...let me know I will join you. I have been running like a gazelle this week and am itching for a road race.

I am going to the Seacoast Series again. I really enjoyed the series. Also hoping for a destination race with my running buddy. Looks like I will have a full plate this year. Hoping to stay healthy and injury free as I pile on my miles. Here's to 500 happy miles!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment