"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Simplify

2014 is all about making my day to day less stressful. I have so many things I want to get done and only so many hours in my day. So I started off my day looking for new and different crockpot recipes. Specifically I want make ahead dishes that I can freeze and pop them into the crockpot for a yummy home cooked meal. I started pretty simple. First up is my tried and true crockpot Mac and cheese. That will be followed by an Apple BBQ pork tenderloin, then a Mexican casserole consisting of ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and chilis, taco seasoning and gree pepper. Also threw together cranberry BBQ chicken breasts that I put into the freezer for next weekend. This should get me through the week with plenty of leftovers for lunch or dinner since Grayson and I will be on our own after Wednesday for a few days. I enjoy a nice cooked dinner, but getting home with a mobile almost one year old doesn't allow a lot of time for cooking. So we shall give this a try.




Got a smaller crockpot for Christmas after Grayson broke the handle off of my other one. It's still usable, but I felt like I always made way too much. This one is a 4 quart and seems more manageable. I already made a chicken dish the week after Christmas and it should get plenty of use in the next few weeks as I experiment with new recipes. Thankfully the interweb is a great resource for recipes and I hope the freeze ahead method works well.

On another note I got my new running sneakers out today. Anything to make the treadmill a happier experience. And yes they made me run fast!

Now it's off to think about taking the Christmas tree down and reclaiming my house.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:White Birch Rd,Barnstead,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment