"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paying it forward

So a friend is in training for a 40 miles ultra this year as part of her 40th birthday celebration. I am mile 14 and for my end of the bargain I was given 5 dollars to do with as I see fit to pay it forward. Now those five dollars have been sitting in a drawer since late December. When I originally signed up for the challenge I figured it would be so easy to come up with a plan for using that money for the greater good. Not so much when push came to shove. I was coming up with nothing...zip, zilch, nada. Until this evening...

Tonight I asked my husband what he would do and he asked me what are some things I care about. So I listed off Grayson, him, my family, the fire department. Then he asked what I could use those five dollars to turn them into something more. And there it is folks....my grand plan for paying it forward.

What do I love? What is my blog about...I am going to combine my love of yarn and my love of running. So stayed tuned because I will be hitting my sweat shop to help my friend celebrate her birthday and her 40 miler.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment