"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In the home stretch...

I am in the home stretch of my September goal. I set my lofty goal back on September 1 to do 45 miles this month. I am safe to say that I am well over 30 miles. This may not seem like a lot to a seasoned runner, but I have come a long way this year. I have also fell below the 120 lb mark for the first time since high school. I went into the hospital topping the scales at 179 and have since lost 61 pounds. I feel great and I stepped into my first pair of skinny jeans over the weekend. Thanks to John who convinced me to get them instead of my usual boot cut jeans.

If all goes well, I should be almost at my goal before I leave for my conference next week. The weather forecast for San Antonio is the low 90s, but everyone keeps telling me its a dry heat so I should be able to get outside to run after our sessions let out for the day. But really I am looking forward to the RiverWalk and doing some shopping while there. It'll also be the first time I am away from Grayson for more than one night. I think it's going to be a lot worse on me than him.

So now it's time to relax with my pointy sticks and string and some chai tea. Made it through Wednesday...looking forward to the rest of the week and my treasured weekend.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment