"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The dreadmill.....

We have been locked into high humidity here in New Hampshire the past several weeks and this week the high temps have joined in the fun. I get up pretty much every day between 5 and 515 am to get ready for work. I start with pumping, then it's onto making lunches for me and the baby, breakfast follows that and somewhere in the mix I get the baby dressed and get myself into scrubs. So in the blink of an eye it's time to head out the door and off to work. Simply put I just don't have time to run before work and after its just too gross outside when we get home.

Today I took to the treadmill. I got 35 minutes in and managed 3.75 miles in that time. The a/c was set at 64, but it was definitely a lot warmer in there than that. Doesn't help that there is a gaping hole in the plexiglass that is above the a/c. Really? Who thought that was a good idea? No wonder Charlotte decided to build her web right there...easy access to all of t he bugs that must stream in once evening hits.

And my goal is to hit the treadmill again tomorrow...I have a half I have committed to and need to get on with my training despite the weather. I need to stop making excuses and do it. But the pond will also be calling my name since temps are again supposed to make a run into the 90s. Resist the urge and get the run done!

Then it will be onto vacation and spending a week with our little boy! I cannot wait. I love the idea that daycare closes for two weeks out of the year and I am "forced" to use my time off. It's a new concept for me and I plan on taking full advantage of it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Barnstead,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment