"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend happiness

I finally began training for my next half. In reality I just started running again after a week of an upset stomach that was followed by a week of really ad allergies/and perhaps a touch of Grayson's cold. I didn't work out and I didn't knit.

Now that I am feeling better, we have started to get back into our groove. Softball has us on Monday nights and then the rest of the week is ours. But the weather in the past week has been warm and humid. I sweat just thinking about going for a run.

Yesterday we didn't workout, but knocked out the painting on the basement. Thankfully my parents and John's mom came up to help. My mom watched the baby and the rest of us managed to get the whole thing done in one day. Never did we think we would get it completed in one day, but we did and got to enjoy our Sunday.

Today was spent getting spit up on and playing with the baby. He is so much more interactive these days and we are really enjoying his budding personality. He loves his exersaucer which we jokingly refer to as his command post. He spins around in it playing with the different toys like it's his job. I love watching him grow and develop every day.

I have also managed some serious knitting this weekend. I am more than half done my lace wrap and almost half done on a sock yarn snake for the little guy. I have so many projects to get done in the coming month...I want to finish my wrap and start the drop stitch scarf. Both items will be perfect to dress up my favorite outfits.

And we got the laundry done! Now it's back to the old grind, but one week to go until vaca. Been back at work three months...it's definitely time to enjoy my little family for a week.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment