"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Friday, December 28, 2012

My how my outlook is a changing

Cannot remember if it was a cough or sneeze that triggered it, all I do know is that I have spent the last three days in 10 out 10 pain.  As we like to say at work 10 out of 10 pain is a trip to the hospital for amputation.  I do not think I have ever experienced pain like that before.  I have had my share of broken bones and I will gladly take a broken ankle over this intractable back pain any day.

You know the situation is bad when your husband and co workers have put on your shoes and socks.  Hell, I teach people how to do that after a broken hip or a stroke.  Now here I am the pathetic occupational therapist who needs the help.  No, I don't keep a sock aid and reacher at home, but I suppose I will have to from now on.  I think what was worst of all is the helpless looks I got from John as he did his best to keep me comfortable.  From making our bed into a place where I could try to get to sleep sitting up to sleeping on the small couch next to me after I decided the couch in the living room would be a better place to get some rest.  And then finally going upstairs with me at three am to sleep in our bed.  I did beg him to call for an ambulance, but he talked some sense into me that there would be very little the ER could do for me since I already had Flexerill and Vicodin on board.  You know when I broke my foot a few summers back never even took one dose of a narcotic and in the last few days I have sure made up for refusing that script.

I finally feel a bit better today.  The painful spasms are only occasional and I don't plan on taking any more drugs until bed time.  Baby Savage doesn't seem the least bit concerned that I have been miserable and he is as active as ever.  Guess he is biding his time until he makes his grand entrance into the world.  I am still hoping for a tax break, but would like my back a little more healed before he does.

Now I have not touched my knitting in a few days due the back issue, but will be digging out my basket in a few to get that bunny done!  Looking forward to a better few days ahead.  We still have lots to do before the baby is here.  And I cannot wait to see the nursery since the door has been shut and there is a keep out sign up!  And of course there is dinner at the Crystal Quail tomorrow night.  Good times...just please let my back not interfere!

No comments:

Post a Comment