"once you find the life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 is hours away....

As I sit here in the closing days of 2012, a fresh blanket of snow covers all the brown decay of fall.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love the silence of the woods as the flakes come down.  The snow muffles out the toxic sounds of modern world...the sound of 18 wheelers rolling down Route 28, the sound of neighbors running chainsaws, and other machinery in their yards.  It is quiet and peaceful.  The blanket of white covers up the piles of debris people seem to love to stack up in their yards around here.

The cold snowy weather gives me an excuse to sit by our fireplace and tuck into a book or work on my knitting.  I would love to finish up the nursery, but I have promised Jay that we will not go in there until he is done with the painting this week.  The mattress arrived yesterday and I am looking forward to putting the crib together.

But I really wish I felt up to going for a ride on my sled or taking out my snowshoes.  The pulled muscle in my back is minimally better.  Just when I think I have turned a corner, I move and it starts all over again.  The plan is to be back at work in the am and I have to say I am ready to be back in my routine of normalcy even with all that is going on.  More on that another time....

No comments:

Post a Comment